Age, genetics, lifestyle and environmental factors gradually accumulate and take their toll on our skin, fat, muscle and bone, resulting in the Four Dimensions of aging...
DETERIORATION: The above factors create changes in texture, colour (pigment spots; red or brown), pore size, hydration and reduced radiance. This irregular skin complexion diminishes vitality.
DEFLATION: We sustain a progressive loss of volume in our face over time. The process of deflation may be compared to a grape evolving into a raisin. The skin is the cover that is left with a gradually shrinking support base as the fat, muscle and bone all decrease in volume. While all facial structures are affected by atrophy as we age, most volume loss occurs in the subcutaneous fat layer.
DESCENT: Loss of collagen and elasticity causing sagging of the facial tissue. This pull of gravity is often noticed first in falling eyelids, eyebrows and jowl formation as we age.
DYNAMIC LINES: Repeated muscle activity produces fine lines, wrinkles, folds and furrows. Soon these expressive lines are etched into our skin and convey sad, sick and tired emotions that show on our face, neck, chest, hands and frankly everywhere on our body! All conveying a tired, less vibrant appearance.
The delicate skin around the eyes is often the first area to express fatigue and negativity. Next our jowls and neck carry the weight of age and gravity.
As aging is a multi-factorial process, aspireMD has created a multi-layered approach to combat these negative expressions of aging.
We acknowledge that aging is a gift that is not granted to all. So let us pause to be grateful for this privilege of seeking solutions to correct and reverse the 4D effects of maturity on our skin.
- Lifestyle modifications of:
- Smoking cessation
- Nutrition and supplementation optimization
- Exercise regularly
- Shifting excessive facial force by sleeping on your back
- Abstain from straws and gum chewing
- Sun and environmental particulate pollution protection - as discussed in our January newsletter - choose a mineral shield protection (cosmetically elegant zinc oxide and titanium dioxide ) to deflect UV radiation and particle pollutants as opposed to a chemical reaction SPF in popular Neutrogena or Ombrelle.
- Medical Grade Skin Care Products. Just ask us - we're excited to tell you more!
- Silkpeel and Advance Facial Treatments
- Light (BBL), Laser (NdYag, Erbium) and RF (Thermage, Velashape) Energy Devices. More on Gym For Your Skin and Don't Neglect Your Neck, coming in our June newsletter.
- PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) Your plasma contains elastin and collagen stimulating cells. Re-injection of a concentrated matrix of your own growth factor matrix acts to naturally smooth and tighten your skin.
- Injectable Hyaluronic Acid (HA) Fillers (ie: Juvéderm™, Teoxane™ etc)
- Injectable Neuromodulator (ie: Botox™)