Sun and age spots along with broken and dilated blood vessels mask your face with an unwelcome appearance.
BroadBand Light (BBL™) is the world’s most safe and effective IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) technology available, and it’s available at aspireMD! Radiant skin in a flash!
BBL™ light energy allows the aspireMD health team to treat age and sun spots, small facial veins and many other skin conditions by gently heating the upper layers of your skin. This absorbed heat in the targeted areas will stimulate regeneration of your skin cells, restoring your skin to a more youthful, smooth and clear state!
The photothermal energy from BBL™ will eliminate fine vessels that cause redness and will also reduce unwanted melanin that causes age and sun spots. You’ll notice your pores becoming less noticeable, your skin becoming smoother and your uneven pigmentation fading away!
BBL™ is delivered in a variety of protocols depending on your needs and desired outcomes:
Corrective BBL™ focuses on your concerns of red and brown pigment and creates a more even skin tone.
Forever Young BBL™ is an advanced treatment protocol that uniquely delivers light energy deep into your skin to boost the body’s natural ability to combat and reverse aging. Imagine taking a photo 10 years from now and looking better than you do today! However, your skin doesn’t just look younger – it has been scientifically proven to be genetically reprogrammed to be younger. Research with biopsies of Forever Young-treated skin has consistently shown a 20-year reversal in DNA skin aging.
Turn back the clock – and keep it there!
With a thorough initial assessment and diagnosis, Dr. Jane and her aspireMD skin health team formulate the best approach for you. A full explanation of all of your options, including specific considerations of each, will be discussed.
When all of your questions are answered, Dr. Jane Burk-Vassallo will work with you to create your optimal treatment plan, encompassing your personal objectives and your desired outcomes.
The aspireMD skincare team will take exceptional care of you from start to finish on your journey towards clearer, healthier skin. Your better begins here!
After your initial consultation, once all your questions have been answered and you are comfortable with the treatment plan, your informed consent will be obtained. Expect to have your photograph taken to record your baseline image and celebrate your improvement. Your photographs will be kept in your file with the same strict confidentiality as the rest of your medical records.
If desired, we will apply aspireMD-formulated comfort cream to the treatment area to make the procedure as comfortable as possible. Just let us know when booking your appointment or by calling the clinic before your treatment. We will then invite you to arrive 30 minutes prior to your treatment to apply the aspireMD comfort cream.
Before treatment begins, the area to be treated will be thoroughly cleansed with an antiseptic cleanser. Before your BBL™ treatment begins, both you and the laser technician will be provided protective eyewear. A cold gel will be applied to the area to allow proper transmission of light energy and to facilitate the glide of the BBL™ hand piece filter. Light is delivered to the skin surface in precise pulses across the treatment area. Patients often describe a slight stinging sensation like the snapping of a rubber band as the light is applied to the area. Usually, the flash of light observed through the protective eyewear is more noticeable than the snapping sensation. Most patients find the treatment very tolerable. The procedure takes approximately 30 minutes to complete depending on the size of the area being treated and the treatment protocol (Corrective or Forever Young).
- BBL™ treatments are designed to require little down time.
- Your face may appear red or flushed, something which usually fades within a few hours.
- Depending on the concern being addressed, your skincare technician will apply a redness reducing healing primer if necessary. We will also apply our therapeutic makeup, Oxygenetix™, to get you back in step with your busy life!
- Individuals with prominent pigmentation may notice that brown areas become temporarily darker before shedding off in 7-10 days. Individuals with laxity and sensitivity of skin around the eyes may experience swelling in the lower eyelid/cheek region. This resolves within days.
- Exceedingly rarely, a painless bruise may develop after a BBL™ treatment, particularly in those whose skin has a prominent red component. In the unlikely event of a bruise, a phone call to the office will ensure you are in that day for a complimentary bruise-lifting treatment.
- It is important to follow the aftercare instructions the aspireMD team will provide you. Most importantly, avoid the sun. Apply antioxidants (Vitamin C, E and peptides), sunscreen (discuss with us your different options) and wear physical barriers such as wide brimmed hats and UV clothing. Laser treatment and sun exposure are not compatible. A sunburn directly over a recently photorejuvenated area may result in permanent pigment changes and an undoing of your treatment benefits.
- We will recommend skin care products and provide instructions on effectiveness of use. These will minimize your risk of inflammation or redness and ensure the most efficient healing.
- Medications containing aspirin or anti-inflammatories (Aspirin, Motrin, Advil, Ibuprofen, etc.) should be avoided for five days before and after BBL™ treatment.
- Alcohol intake should be limited.
- Strenuous exercise and contact sports should be avoided for a few days. This will help to reduce the risk of trauma and bruising.
- Within weeks, your treated skin will be clearer, fine wrinkles and pores will be less noticeable, and sun spots, red vessels or uneven pigmentation will fade.
- The aspireMD team will provide you with complete information about post-treatment care and subsequent follow-up.
- Photorejuvenation therapy is designed to be a multiple treatment protocol. Generally, this means three initial treatments one month apart, with one annual maintenance treatment. Treatment plans are individualized according to your diagnosis, ancillary therapies and lifestyle.
Proof Behind the Promise
Before + After
What They're Saying
Amazing experience! Thanks so much - I love the results and have been getting so many compliments on how bright and clear my skin is. My skin no longer burns and flushes as it embarrassingly use to!