Migraines don’t have to dictate your life any longer. Botox Migraine™ treatment for chronic migraines will provide reliable relief from chronic migraines before they even start. Botox Migraine™ doesn’t treat migraines at their onset like traditional pharmaceutical medications. Botox Migraine™ prevents migraines from happening in the first place.
Botox™ is an effective treatment for a variety of issues:
During your first visit, you will meet with Dr. Jane Burk-Vassallo and a member of the aspireMD health care team for a complimentary consultation. After reviewing your medical history, Dr. Burk-Vassallo will assess your current concerns integrating her 20+ year professional expertise to your care. A detailed conversation and assessment will formulate your diagnosis.
Dr. Jane will develop the best treatment approach for you.
Dr. Jane believes knowledge is empowering and to that end will fully explain each recommendation. When all of your questions are answered, Dr. Jane Burk-Vassallo will work with you to create your treatment plan which encompasses your personal objectives and desired outcomes.
The aspireMD health professionals will take great care of you from start to finish on your journey to own your future .. your Better Begins Here!
If you meet the insurance criteria, of 15 headache days a month, 8 of which with migraine qualities, 4 hours or more in duration, most private drug plans will then cover the majority of the treatment.
After your initial consultation, when all your questions have been answered and you are comfortable with the treatment plan; your informed consent will be obtained. Expect to have your photograph taken to record your baseline image and celebrate your improvement. Your photographs will be kept with the same strict confidentiality as the rest of your medical records.
During your treatment, Dr. Jane Burk-Vassallo will skillfully inject Botox Migraine™ using a fine needle into 6 specific muscle areas of the face, scalp, neck and shoulders that may be contributing to your headaches. Most find the treatment to be very well tolerated with very occasional discomfort. If it is more pain for you, you may request the pre application of aspireMD comfort cream.
- Your headache relief will begin within one week. It may take several cycles of treatment every 3 months to achieve maximum preventive benefit. Patients enjoy the absence of, on average, 8-9 less headache days per month.
- You may return to your normal activities after your 20 minute appointment.
- Occasionally, injection sites remain slightly swollen, red, tender or bruised, however this clears within minutes to days.
- You will be instructed in simple facial movements to repeat periodically for 30 minutes after your treatment to ensure the most effective uptake of the neuromodulator into your targeted muscles.
- Refrain from rubbing the treated area for 4 hours after placement, to avoid displacing the medication to unwanted areas.
- Refrain from washing the area or applying makeup for 4 hours after treatment.
- Avoid excessive exercise, sauna etc. for one day after treatment.
- Do not sleep for 4 hours after treatment when your face would potentially rub into your pillow.
What They're Saying
The expert skill of Dr. Jane Burk-Vassallo with Botox™ has given me back my fully active life. I was so sick of dark, quiet rooms as my only relief from my too frequent headaches.