Microneedling is a new innovation in aesthetic medicine for the treatment of the appearance of fine lines, acne scars, traumatic scars and the overall improvement of the skin’s texture, tone and colour resulting in softer, more vibrant skin with fewer signs of aging.
Your aspireMD skincare professional uses our MicroPen to create controlled micro-injuries on the skin surface in order to aid in the production of collagen and elastin. The skin’s repair process results in a thicker epidermis with a softer, smooth appearance.
During your first visit, you will meet with Dr. Jane Burk-Vassallo and a member of the aspireMD health care team for a complimentary in depth consultation.
After reviewing your medical history, Dr. Jane Burk-Vassallo will apply her 20+ years of expertise as a physician to your care to address your current concerns and help you achieve your desired outcomes. A full explanation of all your options and our optimal recommendations, including the benefits and risks of each, will be discussed. Dr. Jane believes knowledge will empower you!
After all your questions are answered, Dr. Jane Burk-Vassallo will work with you to create your treatment plan encompassing your personal objectives and desired budget.
Microneedling creates micro-channels which allow topical gels, creams and serums to be absorbed more effectively, enhancing the effects in deeper bioactive layers of the skin. Typically a hyaluronic acid serum is used during your treatment to augment your skin’s response.
The aspireMD face-care team will take great care of you from start to finish on your journey as the renewed, vibrant and natural you re-emerges.
Your best is yet to come at aspireMD.
After your initial consultation, once all your questions have been answered and you are comfortable with the treatment plan, your informed consent will be obtained. Expect to have your photograph taken to record your baseline image and celebrate your improvement. Your photographs will be kept in your file with the same strict confidentiality as the rest of your medical records.
aspireMD comfort cream will be applied to the treatment area prior to the infiltration to ensure that the procedure is as comfortable as possible.
A sterile cartridge containing 12 tiny micro-points is attached to the microneedling pen before your specific, predetermined treatment depth is selected. Next, in a single motion, the pen will be gently pressed against the skin while simultaneously gliding in each direction until the entire treatment area has been covered with multiple vector passes. The feeling is similar to sandpaper being moved across the skin. Some areas are more sensitive than others, however, the treatment is quite comfortable. The procedure requires 15-30 minutes of your time depending on the size of the area treated.
- Immediately after the treatment, you will notice redness and a sunburn feel of your skin.
- On average, patients experience redness for 1-2 days, followed by 1-2 days of peeling.
- The total healing time is depends on the treatment depth.
- Any self-consciousness may be elegantly masked with our therapeutic makeup Oxygenetix.
- The aspireMD health team may recommend products from our medically advanced daily skincare line to compliment your treatment.
- Patients rave about their glow within one week of treatment. Visible changes will continue to develop over the course of several weeks to months.
- It is recommended for patients to receive a series of treatments spaced weeks apart.
- For patients with more significant skin concerns, such as acne scars, it is recommended to receive 6-8 sessions at four-week intervals.
- To support you in your pursuit of healthier skin, aspireMD offers you significant savings when you invest in a treatment series.
Proof Behind the Promise
Before + After
What They're Saying
My skin is so healthy looking and refreshed!