aspireMD Melasma Medical Peel is an exfoliation that removes the dry, dead and damaged skin layers of the face while simultaneously stimulating the production of collagen.
The Melasma Peel is a medium depth chemical peel (deeper and stronger than the Glow Peel) applied by a trained member of the aspireMD skin health team. Melasma Peels are an effective way to remove damaged superficial layers of the skin and can be used on all types of skin to treat sun damage, aging skin and lighten areas of hyperpigmentation. This treatment contains lactic acid, salicylic acid and resorcinol to penetrate deeper into the skin’s layers, to add hydration and break down pigment. The Melasma Peel stimulates overall promotion of skin renewal, encouraging the dead, dull, damaged, layers of skin cells to shed. Pigmented areas begin to lift and collagen and elastin production is encouraged, resulting in smoother, firmer skin and a more even tone with an appealing glow!
During your first visit, you will meet with Dr. Jane Burk-Vassallo and a member of the aspireMD skin health care team for a complimentary consultation. After reviewing your medical history, Dr. Burk-Vassallo will assess your current concerns integrating her 20+ year professional expertise to your care. A detailed conversation and assessment will formulate your diagnosis. Dr. Jane will develop the best treatment approach for you.
Dr. Jane believes knowledge is empowering, and to that end will fully explain each recommendation. When all of your questions are answered, Dr. Jane Burk-Vassallo will work with you to create your treatment plan which encompasses your personal objectives and desired outcomes.
The aspireMD skin care team will take superb care of you from start to finish on your journey to be your own beautiful. Let us aspire you!
After your initial consultation, when all your questions have been answered and you are comfortable with the treatment plan, your informed consent will be obtained. Expect to have your photograph taken to record your baseline image and celebrate your improvement. Your photographs will be kept in your file with the same strict confidentiality as the rest of your medical records.
Your skin is thoroughly cleansed. The aspire Melasma Medical Peel will be applied to your skin and left on for 1-2 minutes. You may experience a tingling sensation during the process. Your aspireMD skin health professional will determine how many passes you require according to your skin’s reaction. The finishing touches of your aspireMD Melasma Peel include a hydrating mask and a cosmetically elegant sunscreen.
- You may resume your normal daily activities immediately.
- Some people experience pinkness or redness directly after the treatment. This will subside quickly.
- You will notice a gradual peel (more intense than the Glow Peel) occur over the next few days as your softer, fresh skin is revealed.
- You will be given the option of colour matching your skin to our Oxygenetix™ Therapeutic Foundation line to conceal any redness experienced. With no downtime, you will then be ready to confidently get back in stride with your day.
- Furthermore, your results are optimized, with extended longevity of benefits using medically advanced skincare as your daily maintenance regime. The aspireMD team will advise you regarding our best recommendations.
- For best results, Dr. Jane recommends a series of treatments. To support you on your path towards luminous skin, if you purchase a package of six Melasma Peel treatments (or a combination of six Exfoliation Program treatments) you will receive one physician grade skin care product (equal or lesser value to a peel treatment) free!
Proof Behind the Promise
Before + After
What They're Saying
Love my Melasma Peels at aspireMD! The browns in my skin have been dramatically lightened and my skin is looking fantastic!