Hyperhidrosis is the medical term for excessive sweating. Normally the body produces sweat to regulate body temperature. Sometimes, the nerves that control the sweat glands become overactive and excess sweat is produced. Usually this has a significant impact on self-confidence and quality of life.
Dr. Jane will offer both a comprehensive assessment and diagnosis of your excessive sweaty problem. She will discuss all treatment options available, many of which you have likely already tried with unsatisfactory effectiveness such as lotions, prescription pills, even surgery.
BOTOX® THERAPEUTIC FOR HYPERHIDROSIS
IMHO, Botox™ Therapeutic is most effective treatment currently available for excessive sweating.
BOTOX® Therapeutic use in medical conditions has expanded tremendously over the years. aspireMD uses BOTOX® Therapeutic treatment to reduce excessive sweating of the forehead, scalp, underarms, palms, feet and groin.
Botox™ works by blocking the communication between nerves and sweat glands, so they are no longer stimulated to over function. This treatment does not cause you to sweat more elsewhere.
Of the many benefits to using this purified protein for excessive sweating (hyperhidrosis);
- Sweating is controlled for 6-12 months
- The cost of the BOTOX® is usually covered by a majority of private drugs plans
- Tiny injections of Botox™ are administered into the affected area taking, 10-20 min to perform. Minor pinpricks may be felt (1-3 out of 10 discomfort), an anaesthetic cream may be applied prior to numb the skin if discomfort is a concern for you.
- You will notice a significant reduction in sweating within days of your first treatment.
- Your hyperhidrosis treatment may be performed immediately during your visit to our office. You will be able to return to the rest of your day’s activities immediately afterwards.