Scars are a constant reminder of something you would rather forget. The aspireMD team are experts at resurfacing scar tissue, revealing your new healthy skin. Our advanced laser treatments impressively diminish the look of scars such as those from acne, surgery or injury.
aspireMD’s approach to minimizing scars is to maximize the synergy of two laser modalities. Our superior technology allows us to first stimulate deeper dermal collagen, then to resurface the superficial irregularities. The result is stimulated skin cell renewal, which leads to smoother, healthier skin texture.
During your first visit, you will meet with Dr. Jane Burk-Vassallo and a member of the aspireMD skin health team for a complimentary consultation. After reviewing your medical history, Dr. Burk-Vassallo will assess your current concerns, integrating her 20+ year professional expertise into your care. A detailed conversation and assessment will help formulate your diagnosis. Dr. Jane will develop the best treatment approach for you, assisting you in navigating the myriad of choices.
Dr. Jane believes knowledge is empowering, and will fully explain each recommendation, to that end . When all of your questions are answered, Dr. Jane Burk-Vassallo will work with you to create your treatment plan which encompasses your personal objectives and desired outcomes.
The aspireMD skin health team will take great meticulous care of you from start to finish on your journey towards smoother, healthier skin. Your better begins here!
After your initial consultation, when all your questions have been answered and you are comfortable with the treatment plan, your informed consent will be obtained. Expect to have your photograph taken to record your baseline image and celebrate your improvement. Your photographs will be kept in your file with the same strict confidentiality as the rest of your medical records.
aspireMD comfort cream will be applied to the treatment area prior to the injections to ensure that the procedure is as comfortable as possible.
Before treatment begins, the area to be treated with will be thoroughly cleansed with an antiseptic cleanser. Both you and your laser technician will wear protective eyewear. During the treatment, laser energy is delivered to the skin surface in precise pulses across the treatment area. Patients will feel gentle heat along with prickling, while the laser performs its work. The procedure is minimally invasive, safe, effective and easily tolerated with the use of comfort cream. The procedure takes approximately 30 minutes to complete depending on the size and depth of the area being treated.
During the treatment, micro-channels that promote health skin regrowth are created in the scarred skin. The safest protocol is to treat a fraction of your damaged skin each session. Therefore a series of 4-6 treatments is recommended for your best results.
- Once the Laser Resurfacing procedure is complete, you can expect to feel the heat and burning sensation that resembles a sunburn for a few hours.
- Occasionally there is localized pinpoint bleeding.
- You will be red and swollen for a few days (depending on the severity of your condition).
- The aspireMD skin health team will apply a colour-matched therapeutic makeup, Oxygenetix. Those who commit to a package of treatment sessions will be gifted their own sterile bottle for home use. The application of Oxygenetix will allow you to engage in your daily activities with less self-consciousness.
- During the healing process, your skin will feel dry and tight.
- You will be given a Post-Laser Skin Care Kit with specific care products and instructions to ease this transition phase.
- It is expected that on approximately the third day post-treatment, your skin will appear bronzed. The treated skin will then flake and shed. This process occurs typically over the third and fourth days after your laser treatment. Using a clean face cloth to gently wash after the third day will encourage the sloughing of your dead skin. Beyond the fifth day, your rejuvenated skin may remain pink for 1-2 weeks as it normalizes.
- Your healing skin is vulnerable, so sun exposure should be avoided.
- Your skin will continue to remodel and improve for six months after your treatment series is completed.
- Your best results will be achieved with a series of 4-6 treatments spaced 4 weeks apart. Package discount pricing is available.
Proof Behind the Promise
Before + After
What They're Saying
My face is so much smoother after my treatments and the scarring is much less visible. This procedure is so worth it!